Friday, May 19, 2017

Suddenly...Brilliance!

(This is an untouched photo of the sun coming through my window)

The LORD always speaks to me through Nature. On a day, a few years back after my life was shattered into a thousand pieces, I was up early in the pre-dawn hours sitting in The LORD's Presence, allowing Him to soothe my devastated, clouded up soul.  

I sat pouring out my heart with my tears for I had no words within me that could convey what I was feeling - experiencing.  All I knew of this dreadful situation was that my life was now shrouded in absolute mystery and darkness.  What is Truth about my situation?  That question became the cry of my heart for months. The more I sought Truth, the more Abba exposed the hidden secrets and the plots and plans that had been put into action against my life. Abba surely had my back.

That morning, I sat in His Presence a long time before I finally realized the sun had come up.  Not only was it up, but it was shining brightly through my east-facing window.  I grabbed my phone and shot the above picture.

The sun's brilliance flooded my living room and The Son's brilliance flooded my soul.  Oh, how Abba loves His children.  He is all around us, showing Himself strong on our behalf if we only have eyes to see.  

It was Abba who brought the depth of the sins to the light.  Was it difficult to wrap my head around those things as they were exposed? Absolutely!  Was I able - at that time when I was so shattered - to process it all?  Absolutely not!  I was a devastated, nonfunctional mess.

But, God, in His infinite care of me was patient and ever so lovingly kind.  He took me by my hand and led me out of the valley of the shadow of death.  In time, I began to process. In time, I came to accept the absolute unimaginable as Truth. And I saw ever so clearly how Abba had my back.  Not only during this time of exposure but the prior years when the plotting and planning were being formed against my life.  Yes, my enemy's weapon was formed against me.  But, it did not prevail!  Because God's Word is True and never returns to Him void but accomplishes what He commands it to do.

His Lovingkindness, extravagant Love, and the brilliance of His Glory was the shield around my back.  He had me covered.  And it took His Brilliance breaking through my clouds to show me how loved I was by the One Who Matters Most.  Oh, Hallelujah!  

Because of Him and Unto Him,


4 comments:

  1. Good morning, sunshine. Beautiful... Suddenly, Brilliance. Abba, was speaking to me through this word yesterday, through His Brilliance. #confirmationToMyHeart <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my friend, knowing on the tip of what you have been through makes this post even more beautiful. Those of us who love you and do not live near you must trust God to encourage your soul and pour life back into you. These kinds of post encouraged us as we view the beautiful picture and read your life giving words. How I wish I lived close, but know you are close in my heart Diane, I love reading your post, love knowing all the pain has not stopped you from reaching out to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Betty, how I wish we lived close as well. How I wish we could have a long weekend together. Maybe one day...I love you!

    ReplyDelete